Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Polka Dot Candy Corn Mason Jar

I sure love this time of year.
 So much so, that I actually may have pinned so many spectac Fall ideas already that I have a wee bit of pre-fall overload.

The best solution to Pinterest overload?

Come up with my very own idea!
Painted Mason Jars aren't anything new, but I just took the original idea and put my own twist on it.

I love the way that this turned out and hope that it inspires you to get into the Fall spirit with an easy fun craft.


 Directions:


Pick acrylic paint and paint  the candy corn pattern onto jar.
It took 3 coats to get the coverage that I wanted.


Next, use paint dotters to mark polka dots on each section.
 After that dries, take a piece of sandpaper and distress your jar.
Focusing on the natural wear of a jar-- words, sides, lid.



And you are done. Didn't even need a tutorial! :)


And here's a few pics of my dining room table-scape with everything in place!







Also changed out the kitchen chalkboard and gave it a little Fall love too!



Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I love this- I'm a sucker for mason jars and your paint job makes this one look all the more adorable :) Beautiful fall idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!! I'm just having a hard time thinking fall right now

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...